I got an idea from the comment Yosra left me advising me to make 2008 a great year. I thought to myself what a great idea that was. Why don't I resolve to make 2008 a great year? I will list some things I resolve to do or not to do and you guys also give me some ideas of some things I should resolve to do or not to do. Insha Allah if Allah gives me life until the next year being 2009 then maybe we can see which ones I actually stuck to and which ones I didn't.
Here is some things I resolve to do or not to do......
1. I resolve to NOT look through my husbands text messages.....YIKES!!!! Don't want to see that again!!!! Insha Allah.
2. I resolve to NOT ask for a divorce unless it is absolutely necessary. Insha Allah.
3. I resolve to put my family as a priority over all other people and matters. Husband and Kids come first before all others. Insha Allah.
4. I resolve to memorize at LEAST two Juz's from the Quran this year. Insha Allah. I know that is nothing, but hey if I aim low I can always go more.
5. I resolve to go back to praying my sunnah prayers as I once did. Insha Allah.
6. I resolve to listen to at least two lectures a week and read at least one Islamic book a month insha Allah.
7. I resolve to give my kids the one on one attention that they each need. Insha Allah.
8. I resolve to learn how to sew by taking a sewing class. insha Allah. I need a hobby to keep me busy; don't you think?
9. I resolve to show my husband I love him by doing something special for him (even if it is as small as saying "I love you") each day. Insha Allah. But let's be realistic if we are fighting and it's his fault than he can forget it. ; ) lol!
10. I resolve to listen to yosra's advice and make 2008 a great year insha Allah.
If you have any ideas for me then please share.